People in offices generally spend their time while working on desks. A good quality desk has the ability to improve the productivity of the employees. When the desks are comfortable they avoid the risk of back pain and other health-related problems like stiffness and sprains. There are different types of desks that are used in offices. Executive desk [โต๊ะ ทำงาน ผู้ บริหาร, which is the term in Thai] is used by people of high authority whereas compact and computers desks are used by the general staff. The office runs with the joint of efforts of the senior employees and the junior employees. Hence, importance should be given to both their comforts.
How does quality desks avoid workplace injuries?
- Adjustable office desks and chairs help to increase the comfort and relax your posture that helps to remove stiffness from the joints.
- The table must have a drawer for keyboards so that you can adjust the position of your keyboard that allows your elbow to rest at your side.
- If your chair is not adjustable and your feet cannot be kept flat on the floor use desks that have footrests. This will give your feet a base to keep your feet flat.
- Sitting in one place for a long period of time may cause joint pains. Make use of standing and an adjustable desk that allows you to stand and sit freely.
How do desks increase productivity?
- Adjustable desks avoid work place injuries thus keeping your works available for any active work.
- Uncomfortable working desks can cause uneasiness in the employee which reduces productivity. But, with the help of comfortable desks the working process becomes faster.
- The efficiency of the work also gets reduced if the employee does not have enough space to move around the desk. Hence, install desks that allow free movement to employees.